Hints & Tips
Every excellent tourism business in Devon stands a chance of winning an award, whatever its size or scale or if it has won in the past. These hints and tips are designed to make the entry process as painless and productive as possible. They also explain the entry requirements and what the judges will be looking for.
STEP 1. CHECK YOU ARE ELIGIBLE
Your business or visitor experience beign entered must be located in Devon.
The judges are looking for evidence of excellence, innovation and quality improvements in the last 2 years. If you entered last year then make it really clear what improvements/additions have been made since your last entry.
STEP 2. READ THE FORMS CAREFULLY
Any information provided after the word limit has been exceeded will be disregarded.
STEP 3. TOP TIPS AND COMMON MISTAKES
- Read the questions and the "Guideline" points (after each question) before you start and ensure that you answer fully.
- Don’t exceed the word limit but do provide a full answer for each question, the judges need to know why you are excellent.
- Answer all the questions. Marks are awarded for each question and any missed questions will mean your entry cannot be short-listed.
- Tell the judges why you are different, unique and be passionate about your commitment to excellence.
- Provide evidence of success for each question including weblinks that relate to each answer.
- Answer factually and honestly. If you are mystery shopped, your claims will be checked.
- Feedback and quotes from visitors make strong evidence. Tourism is a people business and judges are looking for evidence that you have made a difference to someone’s visit.
- Presentation matters! Make it easy to read - bullet points are far easier to read than long paragraphs. And feel free to delete 'blank spaces' and adjust page breaks.
- Use simple English and avoid jargon.
- Do a spell check – and if possible get someone else to read through your entry to check anything you may have missed.
- If you need help please email the Awards team email@example.com.
STEP 4. PREPARE SUPPORTING EVIDENCE, IF DESIRED
The judging will be based on your entry form and we will also look at your website (on desktop, mobile and tablet), use of social media, what visitors are saying about you and how you respond on review sites. If there is any other information (not available online) that you would like to include, to illustrate points made in your entry, please email one pdf document no larger than 5mb. If more than one document is sent or it is larger than 5mb it can not be sent on to the judges.
STEP 5. SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY
When you have completed the form, save it as a word document and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make your entry stand out by focusing on what is unusual or innovative, don’t be modest, this is your chance to shine.
- South West is England's top region for Excellence Posted: 24th April 2017
- SOUTH WEST TOPS THE COUNTRY FOR 5th YEAR RUNNING IN NATIONAL TOURISM AWARDS Posted: 14th March 2017
© 2017 Services For Tourism Ltd. Website and hosting provided by Direct Tourism Services