Devon Tourism Awards 2015
See Video of 2014 event HERE
Entry to this year’s Devon Tourism Awards is now closed for most categories - but there are extended deadlines for 4 categories:
- The Access & Inclusivity award deadline is extended to Monday 6th July (this category is great for Attractions, Restaurants etc as well as Accommodation)
- The new category for International Visitor Experience has a new deadline of Monday 6th July (this is great for any business well geared up for overseas visitors, with different languages on website, etc)
- For the Unsung Hero Award for Customer Service the deadline is Friday 28 August
- For the Tourism Event & Festival category the deadline is Friday 28 August
For other categories judging is about to start, with a record of nearly 150 entries already logged.
Awards Director Robin Barker, says: “The last year has seen all records broken and fantastic feedback from entrants. The Awards are making a difference and I’d urge all Devon tourism businesses to be part of them. As one of last year’s winners says in the ‘Tips from Past Winners’ section: ‘Definitely have a go!-you have nothing to lose!”
Paul Hardingham, Strategic Development Director of title sponsors Hoseasons adds: “It’s a real pleasure to be involved in the Devon Tourism Awards again this year. The standard of the entries always remains at the very highest level and for those lucky enough to win the award they not only get the recognition from their hard working industry peers, they can also benefit from the increased publicity and consumer awareness of their business.”
Victoria Hatfield, Chair of Visit Devon, said "Businesses within Devon strive for success and quality and this can be seen each year with the number of businesses that enter and win the Devon Tourism Awards and go onto greater success within the South West Tourism Awards and the national England For Excellence Awards. Year on year, owners and managers invest in their businesses to improve quality and variety to attract more visitors to Devon, aiming to be the best in the South West. The Devon Tourism Awards gives tourism businesses within this beautiful county the opportunity to showcase what’s best about Devon and Visit Devon urge businesses large and small and from across the county to enter to make 2015 an award winning year for Devon".
The awards launch come fresh from the Devon’s outstanding success in February’s South West Awards, when Devon businesses picked up 30 regional awards, with 4 of these going on to be finalists in the national VisitEngland finals announced in May. Many of these had shown their commitment to excellence by booking places on customer service and digital marketing courses and we'd strongly recommend anyone entering this year to do the same - details HERE for customer service and HERE for digital marketing.
See How to Enter section to start the process.
- TOURISM AWARD DEADLINE EXTENDED AS WEBSITES SEE RECORD VIEWS Posted: 8th June 2015
- A Wealth of Wins for Devon Establishments at the South West Tourism Excellence Awards Posted: 19th February 2015
© 2015 Services For Tourism Ltd. Website and hosting provided by Direct Tourism Services